square Yards

Square Yards breaches Rs 1,000 Cr revenue in FY24, turns EBITDA profitable in Q4

square Yards

Proptech firm Square Yards has crossed the 1,000 crore revenue mark during the fiscal year ending in March 2024, according to the company’s provisional financial statement reviewed by Entrackr.

square Yards

The Gurugram-based company saw around 50% growth in its total revenue in FY24 to Rs 1,000 crore from Rs 663 crore in FY23. The operating revenue stood at Rs 996.13 crore. Mortgages and real estate services contributed 88% to the firm’s coffers. It earned the remaining 12% from interior and digital products.

Square Yards is a full-stack proptech platform, playing the entire consumer journey including search, discovery, transactions, mortgages, home furnishing, rentals and property management.

square yards

During FY24, Square Yards’ GTV (Gross Transaction Value) grew more than 76% to Rs 40,828 crore from Rs 22,871 crore during FY23. The number of transactions also jumped 50% from 1.08 lakh to 1.66 lakh during the period.

Coming to the company’s expenses breakdown, employee benefit remains the largest cost center forming 43% of the overall cost. This cost grew 17% to Rs 534 crore in FY24 from Rs 456 crore in FY23, according to the provisional financial statement for FY24. Check the full breakdown below:

square yards

The company also claims to have reached EBITDA profitability (adjusting for ESOPs expense) in Q4 FY24. After including all expenses, the EBITDA loss in the last fiscal year (FY24) was approximately Rs 25 crore ($3 million). The firm also claimed to have an operating cash flow breakeven during the second half of FY24 after a negative cash flow (Rs 56 crore) during the first half of the last financial year.

When we see the company’s growth in the last three years, its compound annual growth rate (CAGR) stood at 60% during FY21 to FY24. The company expects to close its FY25 with Rs 1,500 crore ($180 million) revenue and double-digit margins in the coming years.

Square Yards achieved the growth even without external fundraise in the last two fiscal years (FY23 and FY24). The firm raised $25 million as debt in July 2021 from Hong Kong-based investment manager ADM Capital. It was valued at around $300 million during the last equity fundraise in 2019 and since then it has quadrupled in revenues.

Square Yards operates in more than 100 cities across nine countries and has 150,000 agent partners.  According to the provisional documents, the company’s current monthly visitors stand at over 8 million.

The company competes with PropTiger and AnaRock in real estate services while its digital products and services vertical competes with Magicbricks, 99acres, Housing, NoBroker and NestAway. As an integrated player, Square Yards’ mortgage vertical ‘Urban Money’ competes with Andromeda & Paisabazaar and its home renovation vertical ‘Interior Company’ competitors include LivSpace and HomeLane among several others.

At Entrackr, we had gone as far as predicting a possible full year of profitability for Square Yards after its FY23 results. What that demonstrates is the firm has a selling template in place that is delivering, and delivering consistently. With the real estate market continuing to be buoyant, Square Yards is set to have a record breaking FY25 as well, with the only question that remains to be answered being about its resilience when the tide turns.

About Author

Send Suggestions or Tips