Industries Helping Hands

Industries Helping Hands offers courses bridging the skill gap in the EV and IT sector

Industries Helping Hands

Three engineers by profession decided they wanted to bring a change to the teaching patterns in the field. The courses and materials taught in most engineering colleges are dated and do not include most of the new developments and changes that have been brought about in the industry.

Ashish Kaduskar, co-founder and Chief Product Officer, told Entrackr, “The current courses and material for engineering are quite outdated but are still being ardently taught in colleges. Once students step into the actual industry while working, they are left in the dark.”

Industries Helping Hands offers “hands-on industry-oriented training” through courses that help people advance their engineering skills in order to meet the expectations of the industry and company they are entering.

Industries Helping Hands

Currently bootstrapped, the startup creates the courses and content in house focusing on the IT and EV sector. These courses are compiled into a total of 9 modules and are taught across 6 months.

Nishant Dhote, Bhavesh Patil, and Ashish Kaduskar joined hands in the year 2019 to set up Industries Helping Hands. The Chhattisgarh-based company explores the Job-tech & Ed-tech sectors by providing placement oriented upskilling courses to students and working professionals.

With the goal of addressing structural unemployment and the skill gap, the company works to place people from Tier II and Tier III cities in technology jobs in the e-mobility and IT sectors.

Along with the in-house material curated by the founders, an additional program is built for the EV course in order to enable the students to practice their skill. The program essentially creates a real-life setting online and allows the individuals to design and build models of electric vehicles right from the motors to the shape of the vehicle.

Dhote emphasized on the need of ‘field necessary knowledge’ for students who are yet to step into the field and for professionals who are looking to step into a new sector. “The program helps students to think not only theoretically but also practically. Some designs and models might work in theory but will not withstand the environmental changes,” he explained.

The two courses that are currently available on the platform are Sustainable E-mobility (Electric Vehicle design & development) and IT courses. Working in an online model, live classes are provided for the students. The company plans on shifting into a hybrid model and relocating to Bangalore once it has raised its seed round.

With currently 15,000 enrollments pan India, the company is connected with more than 100 companies and over 120 colleges in the country. Workshops are conducted in these colleges in order to give students an outline of the offerings.

Industries Helping Hands offers a fee payment that is broken down into two parts- the first 25% of the fee is to be paid upfront while the enrollments are done and the rest 75% is to be paid only after the student has been placed in a company. Explaining this breakdown, Swati, Chief Business Officer said, “Most of our enrollments are done from Tier II and Tier III cities; they are not in a position to make a one-time payment.”

The company is up against Skill Lync, DIY Guru, and Cloud Campus for the EV course and competes against Scaler, Newton School, and Masai for ISA.

In a report titled “Investing for Impact: Education, Skills, and EdTech“, the Indian education and skills market is expected to reach a whopping $313 billion market by 2030. 

Send Suggestions or Tips