[the_ad id="83613"]

Malaysian technopreneur Nazrin Hassan loses life in a smartphone explosion


Smartphones are not only hazardous to health but can also prove to be fatal.

Nazrin Hassan, the CEO of a Malaysian government-owned company, Cradle Fund, has been the latest victim who has lost his life due to a smartphone explosion.

Two months ago, a 12-year-old boy from Chattisgarh, India had been killed when his smartphone exploded in his hands. He was using his phone while it was plugged into a charging point.

According to media reports, Hassan was using BlackBerry and Huawei smartphones and had kept both the smartphones on charging in his bedroom when one of the phones exploded. The explosion also led to a fire on the mattress in the room. Due to the high impact of the explosion, it couldn’t be ascertained which of the two smartphones actually exploded owing to overheat.

There are three different versions explaining the cause of Hassan’s death.

The family says that when one of the smartphones exploded, the broken parts of it hit Hassan on the back of the head which likely caused “blunt trauma”.

The police, however, claims that the death was caused due to the smoke inhalation from the explosion and not the shrapnel from the smartphone.

Cradle Fund in its statement said that the post-mortem report concluded the cause of death to be a complication of blast injuries attributable to an exploding handphone that was being charged next to him.

Hassan had been a known face in the tech community in Malaysia. He was also the former Council Member of Technopreneurs Association of Malaysia (TeAM), an organisation that represents all technology entrepreneurs.

The development was first reported by NDTV.

About Author

Send Suggestions or Tips