This week 19 startups received funding, out of which eight were disclosed, who in total made a sum of $73.29 million. Among them MobiKwik was the highest, which raised $35.32 million from Bajaj Finance, followed by PlasmaGen BioSciences, which raised $25 million.
Meanwhile, 11 out of the total funded startups remained undisclosed.
Below is the summary of deals closed this week (July 31 – 4 Aug):
List of disclosed deals this week
- Teknophile raised $25,000 as an angel funding from a clutch of NRIs, it has launched an App titled ProblemBolo which aims to bring together all the departments of a city into a unified citizen participatory governance platform.
- Touchkin raised $1.3 million from Kae Capital, it provides low cost proactive behavioral health support to people with chronic illness and depression through context sensitive, multilingual chatbots and patient support systems.
- PlasmaGen BioSciences raised $25 million from Eight Roads Ventures and F-Prime Capital Partners, is an Indian Bio-pharmaceutical organization specializing exclusively in Plasma Protein Therapy. PlasmaGen has been making every effort in the domain of Plasma product Industry and has become an Imperative one stop destination for the medical fraternity for most of the plasma products need.
- Zepo raised $500K from Kunal Shah and LetsVenture, it helps small business sell online easily. Anyone can open their online store using Zepo in 5 minutes. It has built an ecosystem that assists users in all the 4 pillars of e-commerce – i.e. Technology / Accepting Payments / Delivering Orders / Marketing
- Click2Clinic raised $850 K in seed round, is a Healthcare aggregator of Hospitals, Clinics, Diagnostics, Pharmacy, Ambulance services and Allied Health services.
- MobiKwik raised $35.32 million from Bajaj Finance, is a mobile payments network, trusted by over 35 million users and 100,000 retailers. The company has raised three rounds of funding from Sequoia Capital, American Express, Tree Line Asia, MediaTek, GMO Payment Gateway, Cisco Investments and Net1.
- LendingKart raised $10 million in debts from Kotak Mahindra Bank, Aditya Birla Financial Services and Tata Capital, is an online financing company dedicated to help entrepreneurs and small businesses with Working Capital Loans. It uses Analytics and Big data scoring to evaluate our customer’s business. They are a small and motivated team of bankers, data scientists and techies trying to make a difference in the world of small business financing.
- Speedbox raised $300K from Cismat Cargo Services Pvt. Ltd, is an on-demand shipping startup which provide services such as free packaging, on-demand pickup and easy tracking of the shipments.
Undisclosed deals this week
*Every week we round up startups that have received or announced fresh funding. Stay tuned for next funding weekly
(Keep reading and visiting Entrackr to stay updated of all the start-ups and latest technology news and Indian Startup Funding news weekly)