This week 15 startups got funded, out of which seven were disclosed, who in total made a sum of $44.8 million. While majority of deals were early stage bets, Fab Hotels and 1mg secured larger cheques – $25 and 15 million respectively. Meanwhile, eight out of the total funded startups remained undisclosed.
Below is the summary of deals closed this week (July 24 – 28):
List of disclosed deals this week
- Noticeboard, a Bengaluru-based enterprise communication startup raised $1.2 million from Stellaris Venture Partners, Rajesh Yabaji, Jayant Kadambi. Noticeboard works with companies in the retail brand, logistics, ecommerce, food tech, auto rentals and also looking to expand in international market.
- FabHotels, an online aggregator for hotel rooms raised $25 million from Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Accel Partners. It is currently operates over 5,000 rooms across more than 225 franchise hotels in over 20 major cities across India.
- Thinkerbell Labs, an assistive tech startup raised $202K in Angel round from Indian Angel Network and Anand Mahindra. Thinkerbell Labs addresses the pain point of low braille literacy among the visually impaired by helping them learn how to read, write and type in braille.
- 1mg Technologies, an online pharmacy network and generic medicine engine raised $15 million in series C round from HBM Healthcare Investments, Maverick Capital Ventures, Sequoia India, Omidyar Network and Kae Capital.
- BigStylist, a Salon at Home provider startup raised $1.2 million from Info Edge. It allows customers to order beauty services at home through ts website, Mobile app and phone calls and WhatsApp.
- Gympik, a fitness discovery platform raised $1 million from RoundGlass Partners. Gympik claims to have more than 12,000 fitness and wellness centres, and 9,000 personal trainers from 20 cities listed on their platform.
- 361minds, an online learning platform raised $1.2 million from CL Educate Ltd
Undisclosed deals this week
Yuvraj Singh backed Creator’s Gurukul, India’s leading edtech company Byju’s along with Jhakaas, Sumeru, Tabla restaurant, HealthSpring, Fork Media and GC Beverages did not disclose their funding amount.
*Every week we round up startups that have received or announced fresh funding. Stay tuned for next funding weekly
(Keep reading and visiting Entrackr to stay updated of all the start-ups and latest technology news and Indian Startup Funding news weekly)